Today, it’s time to give your MC success (or tragic failure) and write out the story’s conclusion.
The success and/or failure of your MC can be expressed in different ways:
- the MC succeeds, and all is well (happy ending)
- the MC fails, and all is lost/future is bleak (sad ending)
- the MC succeeds, but success is marred by sadness/tragedy
- the MC fails, but failure turns into unexpected success/happiness
- the MC succeeds for now, but there is a looming threat not yet defeated (series/sequel)
- the MC fails for now, but is determined to try again and never give up (series/sequel)
- the MC appears to succeed, but it doesn’t matter – all is lost/future is bleak
As you conclude your story, don’t forget about wrapping up the side-plots of other characters, and answering all the questions/mysteries presented throughout the story.